Saturday, March 5, 2016

Spitfire Mk I of 66 Squadron

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzT90eXSUSBVQU5pX1k4QjNLSXM/view?usp=sharing
The subject of my first Spitfire Mk I is the aircraft flown by 66 Squadron CO Rupert Leigh. The red spinner, the Squadron Leaders badge below the wind screen and the light serial number all adds interest to this machine. The main reason for me to take an interest in this aircraft was the story about the Canadian pilot P/O Hugh William Reilley who tragically was killed at the controls of R6800 on October 17, 1940. The interesting story about Hugh William Reilley can be read by clicking here

As this is my first Spitfire Mk I I'm sure there'll be an error or two on the template. If a reader spots something, don't hesitate to let me know. I'll be very grateful for any feedback. 

1 comment:

Simon said...

Great Drawing Anders!

You should add your Copyright mark!

Cheers, Simon