Monday, February 11, 2019

Bf109F-2 of Stab JG1

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19lQyBZ8Cp9Hz20ELCNxCHahA4Wl4YnZg/view?usp=sharing
This Bf109F-2 has a very unusual paint scheme for a Bf109F serving in the west. Thanks to the knowledge of Franck Benoiton and Sinisa Sestanovic it is safe to assume that this aircraft was flown by the Geschwaderstab of JG1 at Jever in June 1941. Another photo of the Geschwader stab Bf109F's shows similar camouflage schemes but with yellow noses and the Geschwaderstab emblem applied.

9 comments:

KaptenHardcore said...

So, what are the colours do you think?

Anonymous said...

Anders,

Did you see ALL the pictures to prepare this profile? If not just tell me ...
Franck.

Anders said...

The colours can not be known or certain but I used RLM 02 and RLM 70 for the profile. (And the stab color, RLM 25 for the spinner)

Franck, I used four photos available at Davids site. That's the two photos posted in your Facebook group as well as two additional ones.

Marc said...

Anders,

You mention 4 fhoto's available at Davids site.Can you inform me wich site this is?

Sincerely

Marc

Anders said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anders said...

https://me109.info/

Marc said...

Anders,
I am building a scale model of this aircraft in these colours. The other 2 picures give me more insight in de pattern of the camouflage on the other side of the airframe. So thank you for the info.
Sincerely
Marc

Zenwear said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Thank you for fine profiles.
I viewed photos of this plane and I'm sure it has 3-color camo.
I think it's as in your profile but RLM 63/71 because of contrasts.
BUT there is 3rd, much lighter color over these.
RLM 65? 76?